Monday, March 8, 2010

Just E-fied

I caught the blog-bug after watching “Julie and Julia.” Being a mother of three little ones, I thought a daily blog would be too demanding. Besides, it would be too much like a diary or journal. I’d be too self-absorbed in doing such.

I did have journals before in high school and part of college but I guess life caught up with me. Maybe, because my real life got to be more interesting or complicated I didn’t think I needed to write anymore. You see; no matter how boring a day is, or how uneventful, when I write about it, I am amazed by how interesting it appears to be. At least that’s how it seems in writing.

Even then, I was aware though of possible “exposure,” like the books I read that were either journals or letters of people who’ve now become famous…so I’ve become very conscious and really careful about what I write. But I still find myself being more vocal about things in writing and I tend to express myself more with not as much thought of what others might think.

I remember as a kid thinking about how mind-boggling it is to be able to speak. I guess, I was just starting to question how things work and speech bewildered me. It’s this other world I can’t seem to grasp. Writing on the other hand speaks worlds to me. Whether in books, letters, or a simple advertisement on a billboard words make more sense to me.

Words have the power to hurt or heal. I am more aware of this now that I am a mother. When we speak there is a gesture, a facial expression or a certain tone that adds to the meaning of what we say or do not say. In writing, interpretation is based solely upon the words and their meaning. Even with careful description of a raised voice, eyes glaring, hands flailing, and coupled with demeaning words; the sting of what was said is not the same.

At times “The pen is mightier than the sword,” but a spoken word has a life of its own. So, I shall be happy writing my dreams, my woes, and all the in-betweens of my life. But hopefully, I will write more about thanksgiving because that, I believe, is something we should always do--be thankful. Being grateful is never out of fashion; a heart full of thanks is worth writing about.

And so remind me if I fail to give out this message in each article I write. This message of hope and thanksgiving for a life that is blessed and full of love.If I don't make sense then don't forget I've been just e-fied :)

No comments:

Post a Comment